IS THIS RETREAT FOR YOU?
This retreat is all about exploring the nature and history of Montenegro off the beaten track and hiking on some of the most spectacular trails of Europe.
We will summit some of Montenegro's highest peaks, hike through lush forests, visit centuries old villages, and swim in glacial lakes.
You will have a chance to see a medieval Orthodox monastery with some exquisitely preserved fresco wall paintings as well as visit a mysterious medieval Bogomil burial site.
To round up the adventurous week, we offer you rafting on Tara River, and canyoning through Nevidio Canyon - the last explored canyon of Europe.
We'll practice yoga and meditation together surrounded by breath taking scenery.
All the hikes will be guided by an experienced mountain guide, who will also share her knowledge of local history with us.
YOGA AND MEDITATION
We will practice once a day on various stunning locations - at the peak of Prutaš, on blooming meadows, in lush forests, by glacial lakes.
Marija teaches gentle Hatha yoga, with a lot of emphasis on body awareness and mindful movement, as well as on the proper alignment, breath and focus. Apart from asana (posture), we will practice pranayama (breathing techniques), as well as meditation.
The classes are primarily envisioned to be complementary to all the hiking we will do during the week. The retreat will also offer an opportunity to dive deeper into yoga and meditation practice.
The retreat is suitable for all levels.
DAY BY DAY
Morning is the best time to head out into the mountains.
Following a freshly prepared breakfast, we will head out for daily hike. Most hikes will require a short drive to the starting point.
These are some of the hikes that we will do during the week:
1. Stabljanska Lakes - The hike will take around 4 hours of walking, mostly through a lush forest. We can also have a dip in these pristine glacial lakes.
2. Prutaš - This will be a bit more demanding hike to the Prutaš peak - one of the highest peaks of Durmitor National Park, with an impressive view of the surroundings. The hike will take around 7 hours to complete.
3. Dragišnica Valley - This is a fairly easy hike, but still one of the most beautiful hiking tours in Montenegro. The path runs through different landscapes - rolling pastures, view of impressive peaks, walking through forests and meadows and finally arriving to one of the most beautiful villages in the Balkans - Pošćenje.
4. Summiting Mountain Lola - This hike will take us to Lola's highest peak Great Zabalac (2129m). The mountain is covered with rolling pastures and dotted with many shepherd villages in which little has changed over the past centuries.
To experience all the natural beauty Montenegro has to offer, we will also take you rafting through Europe's deepest canyon - Tara Canyon. Depending on the weather, there is also a possibility of canyoning through Europe's last explored canyon - Nevidio.
The cultural heritage of Montenegro is as rich as its natural beauties. We will explore a tiny part of it through visiting a medieval Orthodox monastery, and a medieval Bogomil burial site, enlisted as UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Each day we will have one yoga class to unwind from the hikes, and to find some space and peace in our minds.
All activities and classes are optional, and everybody is welcome to skip any of them any time they feel like it.
We will stay in two different locations on this trip. The first three nights we will stay in Guesthouse Zvono in Pluzine, 10 mins walking away from Piva Lake. This location is very convenient to access Tara rafting starting point, the monastery and Stabljanska Lakes.
The other four nights we will be accommodated in Ethno Village Nevidio, overlooking two small glacial lakes. This is a perfect starting point for our bigger hikes, as well as for exploring Nevidio canyon.
In both locations, we will be accommodated in simple but comfortable bungalows, each with a private bathroom. Each bungalow will be shared by 2-3 people. Both locations also have a restaurant on the premises as well as spacious garden with outside sitting area.
The maximum attendance at the retreat will be 10 guests.
All the daily meals are included in the price of the retreat. We will have breakfast and dinner in the local restaurant, while the lunches will be packed are shared during the hikes.
The food at the retreat will be freshly prepared traditional Montenegrin food made up of local ingredients - vegetables, fruits, locally made jams and honey, as well as famous Montenegrin cheese and deli meats.
Since we will be exploring rural Montenegro, where there is such a strong tradition of meat production, unlike all other MYA retreats, meat will be served on this retreat. However, vegetarian option will always be available.
Unlike all of our other retreats, unfortunately we won't be able to accommodate for special dietary requirements (vegan, gluten free, etc.)
7 nights full board
(price per person)
* 6 spaces left
(price per person)
* 6 spaces left
In order to secure your booking, 50% deposit is needed.
For any other info, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE?
* All yoga and meditation classes
* Seven nights accommodation
* Three delicious freshly prepared meals per day
* All the hikes (all with a guide)
* All the transfers (from and to the airport as well as during the tour)
* All the entrance tickets to national parks
* All the taxes
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE?
* Any additional meals in or outside of the accommodation
* Any drinks
HOW DO I GET THERE?
You should fly to Podgorica International Airport. The meeting point will be 2pm on June 7th. We can pick you up either from Podgorica city center or from the airport. On the 14th, we will reach the airport at 1pm.
For more information and for special deals, contact us at email@example.com